As 2014 approaches with each passing day, rumors about the Samsung Galaxy S5 continue to circulate. A couple of months back it was first rumored that Samsung is going to release the next generation Galaxy S flagship earlier than originally anticipated because the Galaxy S4 has not met the company’s internal sales expectations. While the Korean giant hasn’t said anything to confirm those rumors, we’ve started to hear more about the Galaxy S5. Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S5 have been rumored once again today, apparently two variants of the device will be released which will be fashioned from different materials.
The premium Galaxy S5 variant is said to have a metal casing as well as a flexible AMOLED touchscreen display, possibly around five inches, whereas the “mass market” variant is said to be fashioned out of plastic and tout a non-flexible AMOLED display, also around five inches. Its likely that the “flexible” display mentioned in the reports coming out of Korean will be similar to one on Samsung Galaxy Round, and not like the one of LG’s self-healing G Flex smartphone. The Galaxy S5 is said to have a 64-bit Exynos processor, 16 megapixel camera possibly with optical image stabilization, 3GB RAM as well as a massive 4,000mAh battery. Android 4.4 KitKat might be preinstalled. The report claims that Samsung will produce around 800,000 to 1 million units of the Galaxy S5 in January and will increase production to 6 million units in February 2014. If needed, production will be increased to 8-10 million units once the smartphone is actually released in March, 2014. Since these are unconfirmed reports after all, a grain of salt is advised.
Next Story: Sony To Adjust PS4 PSN Game Prices In Europe
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-02-25 PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21 Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored