It hasn’t been long since an official test build of Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3 was leaked online, this build was said to be quite similar to the one Samsung was due to publicly release. A few days after the leak, Samsung started to roll out Android 4.3 for international variants of the Galaxy S3, it was the very same build that had previously been leaked. The update roll out didn’t go so smoothly though, as numerous users who had updated their devices complained about issues caused after the update. As a result, Samsung halted the roll out. The company has said in a statement that it is currently investigating these issues.
The issues included reduced battery life, random device lockups, Wi-Fi connectivity issues and more. It is believed that Samsung might have rushed to get this update out the door, as it caught quite a few people by surprise when the update didn’t come with Samsung Knox security suite as initially promised. Samsung confirms that it has “temporarily suspended” the roll out and that the issues reported with the update are currently being investigated. No word as yet on when they’ll apply the required fixes and start rolling out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean once again for last year’s flagship smartphone. Its certainly a major update for Galaxy S3 owners, who’ve been waiting for quite a while to jump up from Android 4.1.2.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2013-12-18 Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-12-12 T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Receives Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-11-24 Sprint Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Is Finally Out
- 2013-11-13 Android 4.3 Update For Galaxy S3 Might Have Been Halted
- 2013-11-04 Android 4.3 Update For Galaxy S3 Being Rolled Out