Now that the word selfie has been added to the Oxford Dictionaries , it seems everyone is getting in on the craze as we’re sure many of you have attempted to take your own photo at least once in your life. If you have, then you also know just how difficult it can be to get just the right angle, that’s why Audiovox’s ShutterBall just might be the thing you need to take the perfect selfies.
The Audiovox ShutterBall is a remote shutter actuator that allows you to take selfies by way of Bluetooth. The ShutterBall is used in conjunction with a dedicated application, which is available for free on the Google Play Store and App Store. The remote shutter currently works with all iPhones that can run its application, and Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Note 2 Android smartphones.
The ShutterBall runs on a coin-cell battery which Audiovox promises you can enjoy the device for up to five years, which is in part thanks to its use of low-energy Bluetooth technology. Those who are selfie fanatics can pick up the ShutterBall for $24.99 in several colors and even comes with a stand that can help prop your phone while you’re attemping to find just the right selfie angle.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2011-12-30: Casio G-SHOCK GB-6900 arriving in March 2012 (updated)
- 2011-11-15: Verbatim releases new Bluetooth wireless mobile keyboard
- 2011-11-14: DIY Android breathalyzer connects to your phone via Bluetooth
- 2011-10-18: Genius releases Bluetooth keyboards for the iPad and Android tablets
- 2011-09-27: Ingenu Easymote Bluetooth Android Controller up for pre-order on the 30th