Sony has announced that Gran Turismo 6, “the most realistic driving simulator yet,” is now available for pre-order of the PS Store. Customers can now get in their orders for the Standard Edition or the Special Edition. The latter contains Gran Turismo 6, 20 additional cards in Torque, Performance, Adrenaline and Velocity packs, custom PlayStation Network avatars, race suits, helmets and paint chips. Customers who pre-order any edition will get all cars included in the Precision Pack for free.
The company has also confirmed that Gran Turismo 6 is the first game of the entire series to support microtransactions, meaning that gamers will be able to purchase credit they can use in the game. In-game credits will be available for sale through the PS Store as well as brick-and-mortar retailers, the credits will be available in the 500,000, 1 million, 2.5 million and 7 million denominations. Gamers can use the credits to purchase cars, and they’ll obviously be able to earn credits within the game itself by completing races. However, those who don’t want to wait to purchase all of their favorite cars can take the easy way out and just purchase the credits. Gran Turismo 6, a title that’s exclusive to the PlayStation 3, will be released on December 6th.
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-02-13: Sony Believes PlayStation 3 Still Has A Lot Of Life Left
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17
- 2013-12-10: Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-05-15: Gran Turismo 6 Confirmed To Release Holiday 2013 On PS3
- 2013-03-01: Gran Turismo 6 Confirmed For PlayStation 3 Release This Year