Back in October, Sony took the wraps off two new cameras, the Sony A7 and A7R, both of which are mirrorless cameras that feature full-frame sensors, something professional photographers might appreciate, especially given that they have been packaged into a rather portable solution. Well if you’re looking forward to more Sony full-frame announcements in the future, chances are Sony will be making them come February 2014. This is according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors who claims that one of their sources has tipped them off to a possible announcement around that time.
The announcement is expected to cover both APS-C and full-frame cameras but apart from that not much else is known at the moment, although the source did state that at least one of the cameras will definitely be worth looking forward to. As it stands there will be a CP+ show held in Japan between the 13th to 16th of February, so it wouldn’t be a complete surprise if Sony were to take the opportunity and use that event as a platform to announce their new products. Until then take it with a grain of salt, but be sure to check back with us around that time for the details. In the meantime we will be keeping our eyes and ears peeled for more information on Sony’s upcoming cameras.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-03-28: Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-25: Sony A6000 Pre-Orders Reportedly Begins Shipping In Asia And Europe