Last month, Sony unveiled its Xperia Z1 f in Japan, which is a smaller version of their Xperia Z1 that features much of the hardware included in that device. This is certainly a step in the right direction to what consumer electronics companies should be doing with their “mini” versions of popular devices, instead of throwing in specifications that aren’t quite up to par with the original device. The Xperia Z1 f may have just popped up yet again, this time being called the Xperia Z1s.
Sony’s global website listed the Xperia Z1s, which is believed to be the international version of the Xperia Z1 f, momentarily. As of this writing, the Xperia Z1s is no longer available on Sony’s global website, although we wouldn’t be surprised if the company decided to unveil it very soon in the near future.
Just like the Z1 f, the Xperia Z1s is expected to feature a 4.3-inch HD display, a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, a 20MP main camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal memory and a 2,300 mAh battery. Just like the Xperia Z1, the new handset is also expected to be dust and waterproof as it should receive an IP58 certification.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-01-23: Sony Xperia Z1s Now Available Via T-Mobile
- 2014-01-06: Sony Xperia Z1S Image Leaked
- 2013-12-12: Sony Xperia Z1s Goes Through The FCC
- 2013-11-22: Leaked Photo Suggests Sony Xperia Z1s Price
- 2013-11-17: Sony Xperia Z1S Poses Beside Xperia Z1 In Leaked Picture