We’re just four days away from the release of the PlayStation 4, which will usher in the next generation of video gaming, although some Wii U owners will debate their console was really the one to usher in the next generation of games. Either way, the PlayStation 4 is getting ready to be released later this week, so Sony thought you should know what exactly is in the box, but seeing how this is quite the momentous occasion, they unbox the console in a completely unique way.
We’ve seen unboxing videos in the past, such as Microsoft’s unboxing of the Xbox One back in August. But the video Sony uploaded takes the traditional unboxing videos into another level as the set they use look to be from a Daft Punk music video. Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida takes center stage in the video to show off what exactly is included inside of the PlayStation 4 retail box.
As you’d expect, the PlayStation 4 retail box contains a 500GB PlayStation 4 console, a DualShock 4, an HDMI cable, USB cable, AC power cord and a mono headset. The box will also contain a PlayStation Network voucher that includes a 30-day trial membership to PlayStation Plus, $10 PlayStation Network credit and a 30-day free trial of Sony’s Unlimited Music service.
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony