A little over a month ago, Ubisoft announced South Park: The Stick of Truth would be in the hands of Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC gamers on December 10. This left much rejoicing considering how long it’s taken the game to be released as it was first announced back in 2011 and was originally set to be released back in 2012. Well – my friends. You’ll unfortunately be waiting a little bit longer for South Park: The Stick of Truth as Ubisoft has announced the game will now be released on March 6, 2014.
“Within three weeks after acquiring the game, we sadly realized we had to turn this thing upside down if we hoped to deliver the experience everybody wanted,” Ubisoft North America’s president Laurent Detoc revealed in a statement on Ubisoft’s blog. “It’s been such a major overhaul to get to the point where we are that we couldn’t let it go, even if that meant missing December.”
On the other hand, Ubisoft released a new gameplay trailer for South Park that shows us over 7 minutes of footage from the game. After watching it, we’re sure many of you are stuck feeling extremely bummed that you’ll have to wait four additional months to play the game on your last-generation consoles and PC.
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-07: Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2014-04-01: Ubisoft: No Watch Dogs Demo Planned
- 2014-03-17: South Park: The Stick Of Truth Sequel Is A Possibility, According To Co-Creator
- 2014-03-03: South Park Censored Scenes Deleted From Disc
- 2013-12-09: South Park: The Stick Of Truth Trailer Teaches Us How To 'Cup A Spell'
- 2013-12-05: Bill Gates Appear In South Park Xbox One-PS4 Episode
- 2013-11-14: South Park Takes On The PS4, Xbox One Console War In Latest Episode