Sprint and Best Buy have teamed up to offer a rather enticing promotion for students in the U.S. Called the Unlimited, My Way Student Promotion, students who purchase a new smartphone from Best Buy are eligible for one free year of talk, text and 1GB of data, though they must sign a conventional service contract and also verify that they’re enrolled at a college, high, middle or even elementary school within 14 days of the purchase. All smartphones that Sprint offers are part and parcel of the promotion, students may opt for feature phones as well. Those who need more than 1GB of data can pay $10 per month for unlimited data.
Students are also given an incentive to get their friends on the service as well. For every referred friend who signs up during the promotion period, the referring party gets an additional year of unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data, though both phone lines are required to be on the same account. The Unlimited, My Way is a limited time promotion which runs through till 1/4/2014. For students who are younger than 13, parental consent will be required at the time of validation. Sprint won’t wait the activation fee though, students will still need to pay $36 per line.
Next Story: Kronoz ZeWatch Arrives At The FCC
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2011-04-13: Sprint Nexus 4G now up for pre-order at Best Buy
- 2010-12-20: Best Buy offering free Verizon, AT&T or Sprint MiFis on contract
- 2010-05-14: Radioshack Also Begins Accepting HTC EVO 4G Pre-orders
- 2010-10-28: Best Buy Mobile reaches end of Free Phone Friday promotion
- 2010-11-15: White HTC EVO 4G no longer a Best Buy exclusive, heads to Sprint as well