Sprint has released Android 4.3 Jelly Bean today for its variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The update brings a number of improvements and enhancements, all of which will no doubt be very well received by end users, even if they’re waiting for Android 4.4 KitKat to drop. Carrier testing usually takes a while before the update is rolled out to the public, so for now Sprint Galaxy Note 2 users will have to make do with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Samsung is yet to announce if and when KitKat is going to be released for last year’s Note.
The Sprint Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update brings HD Voice enhancements, support for Samsung Knox enterprise security suite, as well as several user interface enhancements to bring it in line with that of Galaxy Note 3. This update also adds support for the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch, an essential component as Samsung looks to sell more of its smartwatch amid rumors that it has only managed to sell 50,000 units. Sprint is rolling out the update in stages so it might take a while before it becomes available in your particular city. Don’t worry if you do not immediately get the update notification on your phablet. If your Galaxy Note 2 is rooted, bear in mind that its highly likely that this update will break root, so its best to hear more on the root scenario before updating.
Next Story: Dual-SIM Moto G Makes The FCC Pit Stop
- 2014-04-17: Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2013-12-22: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Brings Galaxy Gear Support
- 2013-12-17: AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Update Brings Galaxy Gear Support And More
- 2013-12-09: Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released
- 2013-11-24: Sprint Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Is Finally Out
- 2013-11-17: Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Build Leaked