Remember how Walmart announced that they would be selling Apple’s brand new iPad Air at $479, a good $20 cheaper than Apple’s official price? Well the good news is that if you don’t live near Walmart, but stay around a local Staples, Best Buy, or Target, well you’re in luck because according to reports, these retailers will apparently match Walmart’s price. 9to5Mac reports that Apple supposedly will match the price as well, but have stated that their readers are not getting price matched at Apple’s retail stores, so perhaps you might want to try those third-party retailers if you wish to get $20 off.
These prices are apparently only available in-store, meaning that if it is listed as $499 on their website, you will need to head on over to their physical outlets to have them match Walmart’s price. It should be noted that these reports were not announced by the retailers, so we’re not sure if all stores will be willing to honor the price matching, so try not to get your hopes up just yet if you are planning on heading over to any of these retail outlets to try your luck! In the meantime if any of our readers have successfully (or unsuccessfully) managed to get a price match, do let us know in the comments below!
Next Story: iPad Trade-Ins Reportedly Doubled From 2012
- 2014-04-17: Refurbished Retina iPad Mini Now Available Online
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-25: New York Times’ iPad Air Ad Juxtaposed Against MH370 News, Causes Embarrassment
- 2014-03-24: Refurbished iPad Air Available From The Online Apple Store
- 2014-03-18: CruxENCORE Turns Your iPad Air Into A Laptop