T-Mobile is carrying Apple’s new iPad this time around and its throwing in an added incentive for customers who’re looking to pick up a cellular version of the iPad Air. The carrier is offering 200MB of cellular data free per month, undercutting AT&T’s offer of 250MB for $14.99. However after the iPad Air was released, a number of customers who picked up the tablet from T-Mobile reported that they were told they’d have to pay $10 per month to access the 200MB free data, an obvious contradiction to the carrier’s offer. That is not the case though, as T-Mobile CEO John Legere has confirmed that customers won’t have to pay a dime to access what they’ve been promised.
Legere reiterated through Twitter that every iPad Air owner will receive 200MB of free data per month, and that the $10 monthly fee is not going to be charged. He says that there was an “executional mistake” which lead to this confusion, following up the statement once again with the carrier’s commitment to providing 200MB of free data without any exceptions and strings attached. So if you’re out in the market for a cellular iPad Air, T-Mobile’s offer might entice you to opt for Magenta, the question is, would you go for it?
Next Story: Moto G Specifications Apparently Leaked
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11 T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2013-11-05 T-Mobile Claims They Sold More iPad Airs At Launch Compared To Tablets Sold In Q3
- 2013-10-23 T-Mobile iPad Air Arriving This November 1st
- 2013-10-22 New iPad Users Get 200MB Free Data Per Month On T-Mobile