While other carriers have offered Apple’s iPad on contract in the past, T-Mobile was the exception, at least until the 1st of November which is when Apple’s iPad Air was made available not just via Apple stores, but also via T-Mobile as well. So with reports of the iPad Air being rather popular, was it a smart decision by T-Mobile to offer the tablet and hop on board the iPad bandwagon as well? Turns out that it is, according to T-Mobile who recently claimed that they have managed to sell more iPad Air tablets during the launch of the device compared to all of Q3, which is definitely saying something!
Granted T-Mobile’s focus is not necessarily purely on tablets, it is still pretty impressive nonetheless. Unfortunately T-Mobile declined to provide any numbers regarding their sales, but we guess it’s still good to know that the tablet is doing well. AT&T has also made somewhat similar claims regarding the iPad Air, claiming that they have seen a 200% increase in iPad activations compared to last year, with the iPad Air presumably to thank for that. With the continued popularity of the iPad Air, we are definitely curious to see what sort of numbers Apple will release in the near future regarding tablets sold.
Next Story: Nexus 5 Review
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-11-03 T-Mobile CEO Reiterates 200MB Free Data Commitment For iPad Air Customers
- 2013-10-23 T-Mobile iPad Air Arriving This November 1st
- 2013-10-22 New iPad Users Get 200MB Free Data Per Month On T-Mobile