T-Mobile started carrying the Sony Xperia Z smartphone earlier this year, around the time when Sony rolled out the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update for the international variant of this very same smartphone. T-Mobile subscribers who own this device can rejoice today as the carrier has finally released a software update which bumps up the firmware version, unfortunately its just Android 4.2, a version of Google’s mobile OS that’s nearly an year old. Magenta has certainly taken a lot of time in testing this update, so only can only imagine when Android 4.3 might be rolled out, if things continue to move at this pace.
Nevertheless, the new software update is available for download right now. It weighs in at nearly 185MB, though there must be 200MB free on the device for the download to begin. Software version is bumped up to 10.3.1.E.0.191, which brings Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and all the changes associated with it. The roll out continues until December 18th. It is pushed over-the-air, so head over to the Settings app followed by the About phone menu and tap on Software update to begin. For those who feel adventurous, there’s an unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat ROM out already for the Sony Xperia Z.
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-03-03 T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-07-16 Nokia Lumia 925 And Xperia Z On T-Mobile
- 2013-07-12 T-Mobile Xperia Z Bootloader Is Locked
- 2013-07-10 Nokia Lumia 925, Sony Xperia Z Available From T-Mobile Starting July 17th
- 2013-07-10 T-Mobile Sony XPERIA Z Review