Earlier this morning, we brought you word that Toshiba has unleashed their latest 7” Android-powered tablet which comes in the form of the Toshiba Excite 7, where it will sell under that moniker in the US of A. Well, what about the rest of the world, especially when we are talking about the home country of Toshiba itself, Japan? Fret not, folks who live in the Land of the Rising Sun and are on the lookout for a budget oriented tablet – Toshiba also has got your back covered except that this time around it will be the Excite 7’ s equivalent, being known as the Toshiba Regza AT374/28K instead in that part of the world. No prizes for agreeing just which particular model number is easier to spell out!
The Toshiba Regza AT374/28K will come with a rather fast Rockchip RK3188 quad-core processor underneath the hood, where it is accompanied by 1GB RAM and 16GB of internal memory. The 7” display is nothing much to shout about, however, where it sports a 1,024 x 600 resolution count, a 3-megapixel shooter at the back with a VGA camera in front, and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice. Your ears will be treated to stereo speakers and SRS audio, while connectivity options include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I’d get the US version which retails for $170, since after conversion in Japan, it would cost approximately $300.
Next Story: Verizon Moto X Now Selling On Amazon For $0.01
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2013-10-02: Toshiba “TimeOn" REGZA Cloud Service
- 2012-10-02: Toshiba pushes 4K REGZA HDTVs at CEATEC 2012
- 2012-07-24: Toshiba Regza Dynamic 40S5 targets the entry level market
- 2011-12-07: Toshiba Regza 55X3 priced, no release date in US yet
- 2011-07-21: Toshiba HDTV has power saving button