If you’re planning on picking up a new phone for yourself and you’re a little tight on money, you might be interested to learn that US Cellular has announced the availability of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini on contract for $50, but like we said this is on contract which means that you will be tied to the carrier for the next two years. Alternatively the carrier is also offering the handset off-contract, but for $500 for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? Doesn’t really seem too worth it, doesn’t it?
For those who might have forgotten, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is essentially a lower specced version of the Samsung Galaxy S4, but keeps its design and comes in a smaller package. It forgoes the 5” Full HD 1080p display in favor of a smaller 4.3” qHD display instead. It will be packing a dual-core chipset clocked at 1.7GHz, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 1.9MP front-facing camera, and will come in a variety of colors and will also play nicely with 4G LTE networks. It’s definitely not the most powerful phone we’ve seen from Samsung, but we reckon it should be more than enough to get the basic stuff done, so if you’re not after anything too fancy, this should do the trick. So, any takers?
Next Story: Samsung's Market Share Takes A Hit In Japan
- 2014-04-20: Samsung.com Down Because Of Samsung Building Fire
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-03-21: US Cellular Galaxy S5 Pre-Orders Begin 21st March, Includes $50 Google Play Promotional Code
- 2013-12-20: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini La Fleur Edition To Arrive In Germany
- 2013-12-16: Samsung Galaxy S4 And Galaxy S4 Mini To Get "Black Editions" Come 2014 [Rumor]
- 2013-12-15: Verizon Galaxy S4 Mini Now Supports Galaxy Gear