For those of you planning to get your hands on an iPhone 5s either for yourself or as a gift for someone else during the holiday season, you’re in luck because it seems that shipping estimates for the US appear to have gotten better. According to Apple’s website, the shipping estimates they have listed for the iPhone 5s (all colors including the popular gold finish) now show a shipping time of 3-5 days. This is an improvement over the 1-2 weeks shipping time that we saw just last week, so it’s safe to say that Apple has managed to get their production issues sorted out.
It has been rumored that production problems with the Touch ID fingerprint sensor was one of the main reasons behind the iPhone 5s being low on stock, and last we heard, Apple had cut their orders of the iPhone 5c in a bid to boost production of the iPhone 5s. In fact the latest rumor has suggested that at least one of Apple’s manufacturers, Foxconn, has ceased production of the iPhone 5c entirely, also presumably in a bid to help with increased production of the iPhone 5s. We’re not sure if this will greatly affect the stock of the iPhone 5c as the device does not appear to be as popular as its more expensive sibling.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind