In what is definitely a move that’s caught a lot of us by surprise, Motorola announced today that Verizon Moto X Android 4.4 update has been released. We reported yesterday that Big Red has been conducting soak tests for this update, but no one had imagined that Verizon would be the first to push this update out even when Google Play Editions of the HTC One and Galaxy S4 haven’t received the Android 4.4 KitKat update. Motorola hasn’t said when Moto X on other carriers is going to receive the update.
Verizon Moto X will jump from Android 4.2 to Android 4.4 and bring all the KitKat goodies in the process. For example, there’s an improved phone dialer which does much more than just calls, new gallery effects, color emojis, the all new Hangouts app with SMS integration, updated camera app and a whole lot of enhancements and improvements. Motorola assures us that this is just the beginning and that it will have more KitKat for Moto X news to share for other countries and carriers in the near future. Verizon is going to roll out the update in phases, so don’t freak out if the update doesn’t immediately pop up on your device. A little patience will go a long way.
Next Story: Play Super Mario Bros With Google Glass
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-02-23: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Release Soon
- 2013-12-09: Motorola Releases Active Display Update To Fix Lock Screen Lag Bug
- 2013-11-18: Verizon Begins Soak Test Process For Moto X Android 4.4 Update [Rumor]
- 2013-09-18: Moto X Developer Editions Go On Sale For $649.99
- 2013-08-29: Moto X Available At Verizon's Online Store Starting At $199