We’re not sure if this has anything to do with the poor sales of the Moto X, but it seems that Verizon is now giving away Moto X to customers who are willing to sign a new 2-year contract with the carrier. Sounds too good to be true? Well there is a caveat and that is customers will only be able to choose between the white or black version of the Moto X, and will not be able to customize it via the Moto Maker website where additional features, such as color options, engraving, and etc., are available. For those who aren’t too fussed about these sort of things, we reckon this makes for a pretty good deal.
Verizon had initially dropped the price of the Moto X from $199.99 on contract, to $99.99 on contract. However it was only a week after that Verizon announced yet another price cut, making the handset even more affordable at $49.99, but now that it’s free, we have to wonder if this might be able to boost the sales of the Moto X. Like we said the free option means you will not have access to Moto Maker, but if you’re perfectly happy with your handset in more traditional black/white finishes, then this is the deal for you. For more info hit up Verizon’s website for the details where you will have to enter the “vzwdeal” code to get the phone for free.
Next Story: 16GB Nexus 5 Now Back In Stock On Google Play
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-23 Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Release Soon
- 2013-12-09 Wooden Backplates For Verizon's Moto X Shown In Leaked Photo
- 2013-12-01 AT&T, Verizon, Sprint To Offer Moto X For $0.01 On Cyber Monday
- 2013-11-20 Verizon Moto X Now Selling On Amazon For $0.01
- 2013-11-19 Verizon Moto X Android 4.4 Update Released