There is always no better way to go off than when you are at the top. Athletes who retire when they are at the top of their game often leave behind a legacy that is difficult to surmount, as watching a maestro slide in decline can be painful at times. Of course, there is the flip side to it – what if the athlete had remained around for a little longer, would more records have been broken? Whatever the case is, next generation consoles in the form of the Xbox One and Sony PS4 are upon us this week and the next, which would mean that this week is the very last week where NPD’s charts in terms of hardware sales for video game consoles would feature the current generation models without mixing it up.
Microsoft’s Xbox 360 remains at the top as the best-selling home console for the month of October, which does not come across as surprising since Microsoft has held the fort for years in the US, rarely losing out to the PS3 once in a while. Well, it is always nice to go out with a bang, right? Don’t worry folks, the Xbox 360 will still be on future charts at least for some time to come before the console is retired.
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"