We learned just a few weeks ago the PlayStation 4 will have a day-one patch available to unlock some of the console’s major features, which thankfully can be downloaded in the background while you get yourself better acquainted with your new next-generation console. Over in Microsoft’s camp, the Xbox One will also have a day-one patch available, altough the console’s Cloud updates may pose a problem if you’re right in the middle of a heated battle.
Microsoft’s Xbox Live lead program manager John Bruno admitted the Xbox One may be forced to reboot itself while you’re in the middle of playing a game due to frequent cloud server updates. “Once in a while, rather frequently actually, the host OS will require an update, meaning the physical machine is going to get rebooted whether your code is running or not,” Bruno explained while he attended GDC Next. “That’s a problematic thing for a game, and oftentimes it’s in the middle of a multiplayer session. We’ve worked very hard to overcome that, but that’s not to say it’s going to be a reality in every case.”
Hopefully Microsoft tweaks their Xbox One so this kind of thing doesn’t happen on a frequent basis. We’re sure there would be nothing more annoying than having to have your console reboot itself for the third time in a day.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Round Coming To The US For $1,130
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-02-19: Xbox One Media Remote Launching This Week [Rumor]
- 2013-12-13: Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-11: Xbox One Sells Over 2 Million Units In First 18 Days
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers