Microsoft rolled out its official SmartGlass application for the Xbox One on across Windows Phone devices yesterday, leaving many of the majority of us with Android and iOS devices out in the cold waiting for our turn to download the new SmartGlass app. It looks like we didn’t have to freeze our buns off for too long as the Xbox One SmartGlass app for iOS and Android have been released.
The Xbox SmartGlass app is a completely free download and allows its users to interact with their Xbox One in a number of ways. Xbox SmartGlass users are able to navigate through their Xbox One console, pin content to their dashboard, search for related content, watch video clips, interact with their friends through messages as well as make browsing the web a little bit easier.
The Xbox One is releasing in the U.S. and several other countries on November 22, so this seems like just the right time for Microsoft to launch its updated SmartGlass application across as many mobile platforms as possible considering how big second screen interactions will be once their console releases. If you plan on picking up an Xbox One on November 22, then we think it’s about time you head over to your iOS, Android or Windows Phone device and download the SmartGlass app.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-02-19: Xbox One Media Remote Launching This Week [Rumor]
- 2013-12-13: Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2012-01-06: Xbox LIVE mobile gaming arriving on Android and iOS?