Lately Microsoft has been making the news by poking fun at both Samsung and Apple products, but it looks like it’s Amazon’s turn to have some fun and the company has recently released an ad which pokes fun at Apple’s iPad Air, although in this case they made use of an actor with a British accent which we can only assume is mocking Apple’s Jony Ive, the designer of the iPad Air amongst other Apple products. As expected the ad pits the iPad Air against Amazon’s own tablet offering, the latest Kindle Fire HDX which was announced a couple of months back.
The ad boasts that the Kindle Fire HDX weighs 20% less than the iPad Air, features more pixels in its display, and not to mention its lower cost which is at $379 for the 16GB model, while Apple’s own offering is set at $499. Those are some valid points, to be honest, but once again we are comparing different smartphone platforms and ecosystems, so apart from just hardware specs, there are other factors the customers have to consider when buying into a platform. In any case if you have a minute to spare, you can check out Amazon’s attempt at mocking the iPad Air and Jony Ive in the video above.
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- iOS 7.1 Release Apparently Just Around The Corner
- Researchers Find iOS Security Flaw To Monitor Screen Taps And Keystrokes
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.6/6.1.6 To Fix SSL Encryption Bug
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued