Even though Android 4.4 KitKat seems to be what every Android owner wants to be running on their device, there are still some popular phones out there that have yet to even make it to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. For example, Sony’s Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra, which the company has announced both will begin receiving Android 4.3 starting today.
Sony announced the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to its Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra earlier today as the company has been working to blend their Sony Xperia software with Google’s Jelly Bean to help create some cool user experiences. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will offer several enhancements, tweaks and an improved interface.
Sony’s Smart Social Camera, which debuted on the Xperia Z1, will now be available on the Xperia Z Ultra and today’s update will also offer improvements to a number of Sony’s native applications, such as Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, TrackID and Sony Select. Sony is also better integrating its Walkman, Album and Movies applications along with the Sony Entertainment Network cloud service.
If you haven’t received Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on either your Sony Xperia Z1 or Xperia Z Ultra, the company asks that you be patient as timing and availability might vary by your market and carrier.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-03-10: Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side