A couple of weeks back the Android 4.3 update started rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy S4. However, the update was soon halted as many users complained about the several issues that the update caused. After a few days the update was released once again though in select regions, AT&T rolled out the update for its Galaxy S4 variant initially in this region. Now the update is being rolled out across the world for all variants of the device, the release notes call it a stability update which basically means that the problems caused by its predecessors have hopefully been taken care of.
The build number of this update if I9505XXUMEKE with a build date of November 27th, meaning that it is the most recent firmware update available for the Samsung Galaxy S4. At this point in time, it appears that the update hasn’t been released over-the-air though it can be downloaded through the Kies software on your computer. The process isn’t hard, just connect your device to the computer, fire up Kies and download the update. Installation shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Its possible that the over-the-air roll out might start soon, your device should automatically notify you when the update becomes available. Alternatively, you can also check the software updates menu in the about phone option found in the settings application.
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-20: Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2013-11-14: AT&T Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-09-26: Galaxy Gear's Basic Functions Already Compatible With Galaxy S4
- 2013-09-04: Android 4.3 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy S4 Coming This October
- 2013-06-28: Screenshots Of Android 4.3 On Google Edition Galaxy S4 Leaked
- 2013-06-28: Android 4.3 Coming To Google Edition Galaxy S4 This July [Rumor]