We have heard not only does the iPhone account for 76% of all smartphones in Japan, but they are leading the US in terms of app revenue as well. Now it turns out that not only are Apple’s iPhones popular in Japan, but it turns out that Apple’s tablets are just as popular too. According to Japan’s BCN, they have revealed that out of the top 10 tablets in Japan, Apple’s iPads are taking six of those slots, with the iPad Air taking four slots, and the iPad mini taking the remaining two. Interestingly enough the streak was broken at third place by none other than the Nexus 7 tablet, making it Japan’s most popular non-iOS tablet.
While one could argue that the Nexus 7’s price could have played a part, it should be noted that Apple’s iPad lineup is more expensive compared to the Nexus 7. Of course this does not paint a complete picture as the numbers originate from BCN alone, and BCN only counts sales from about 2,400 stores in Japan, which reportedly only accounts for 16% of the sales channel. This also does not take into account sales from the Apple Store. Will Apple be able to maintain their dominance? We guess only time will tell, but so far so good.
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2014-02-10: Insurer Brands iPad Mini As 'World's Most Breakable Gadget'
- 2013-11-08: 24CT Gold iPad Air, iPad Mini Will Only Cost You Over $1800 To Own
- 2013-10-23: AT&T Offers iPad Air This November 1st Also
- 2013-10-22: New iPad Users Get 200MB Free Data Per Month On T-Mobile