A few weeks back a schedule was leaked online which detailed when major U.S. carriers will roll out Android 4.3 for several Galaxy devices. Most of the updates were rolled out according to the exact same schedule, however some took their time, AT&T is a perfect example. The carrier today rolled out the Android 4.3 update for its Galaxy Note 2 subscribers. Not only does it brings a major core OS update, it also adds support for the company’s smartwatch, which was released earlier this year.
Slowly but surely the Galaxy Gear support has been added to a variety of existing Samsung devices, including those that were released over two years ago. When it was initially launched, the Galaxy Gear only supported a handful of the latest Galaxy devices. The update also brings performance improvements and bug fixes apart from support for the Samsung Knox enterprise security suite. Premium Suite features are included in the update too, such as PEN.UP, Group Play 2.5, Multi-Window from Note 3, Group Messaging, New Easy Mode and more. AT&T’s Android 4.3 update for Galaxy Note 2 is being rolled out in stages so it may take a while before the update is live across all regions. Build I317UCUBMK6 should pop up on your device in the near future if it hasn’t already.
Next Story: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2014-04-21: AT&T Gigapower Looks At Expansion Into 21 New Cities
- 2014-04-17: AT&T LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Brings Knock Code As Well
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: Volvo Gets AT&T To Provide HSPA+ In-Car Connectivity
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-01-15: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-22: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Brings Galaxy Gear Support
- 2013-12-09: Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released
- 2013-11-20: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Released