While EA and DICE probably launched and developed Battlefield 4 with the best intentions, there have been multiple reports of bugs plaguing the game, and in some instances causing it to crash. While a patch for the PlayStation 4 version of the game has been released to address the issues, unfortunately Xbox One gamers are still left waiting, and according to a post made by DICE in the Battlelog forums, it seems that the patch for the Xbox One will be delayed, and will instead be released together with the next patch which still has no release date at the moment.
According to DICE, “Here’s a quick update on the state of the next Xbox One game update. The update that was originally meant to go live the week of Dec 2 was delayed, but we decided to bring those fixes to the next upcoming Xbox One update. This new combined Xbox One patch is currently in testing and certification, and we will release it as soon as possible. We are hoping to get it live late this week or early next week. We will keep you updated.”
As it stands EA has announced that they will not be releasing new DLCs for the game until all the major bugs and problems have been resolved, although it might be too little too late as a law firm has launched an investigation against EA, which sounds like a potential lawsuit waiting to happen.
- 2014-04-15: Battlefield 4 "Death Shield" Bug Discovered
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements