Earlier this week we reported that Beyonce had announced and released her much awaited new album at the same time. Usually anticipation for a new album’s release is built by releasing singles, hitting the late night talk show circuit, through advertisements, appearances and what not. Beyonce’s decision to not indulge in any of that caught many by surprise, and people were even more surprised when the album was immediately released after the announcement, albeit exclusively on iTunes. In just three days, the album titled Beyonce has sold 828,773 copies, breaking the previous U.S. first-week album sales record which stood at 617,213 copies being sold in the first seven days.
There’s no denying the fact that this new album has been a success. It topped the iTunes Store and has held the No. 1 position in over 104 countries around the world. What’s interesting to note is that even though it is only being sold via iTunes, the album has turned out to be Beyonce’s biggest sales week to date. This is Beyonce’s fifth studio album that features 14 new songs and 17 music videos shot in various exotic locations around the globe. As of now only the album can be purchased, option to purchase individual songs will be opened up from December 20th. Beyonce’s new album costs $15.99.
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Beyonce Announces And Releases New Album Exclusively On iTunes
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers