After much negotiation and speculation, Apple and China Mobile have finally struck up a deal in which Apple’s iPhones would be officially offered on the carrier’s network. The deal with China Mobile would basically give Apple access to about 750 million subscribers and while Apple might not be able to get everyone to hop aboard the iPhone bandwagon, it has been estimated that Apple might be able to sell an additional 12 million iPhone units come 2014 and according to the latest reports, Apple is well on its way as China Mobile has managed to secure 100,000 iPhone pr-orders in a matter of 2 days. Granted this is a slightly smaller figure compared to China’s other carriers, such as China Unicom and China Telecom that have netted 120,000 and 150,000 pre-orders back in September, but we suppose given that the other two carriers have had a head start, perhaps the demand could be slightly less.
In any case these are just some early numbers and perhaps in the long run China Mobile might overtake the competition. Either way with China Mobile being one of the largest carriers in the world, the fact that Apple has managed to sign on nearly all of the major carriers in China is no small feat and will definitely help to boost iPhone sales in 2014. Will the next-gen iPhone see even more spectacular sales come 2014? We can only imagine that it will, but in the meantime it looks like Apple’s expansion into Asia is going ahead as planned and appears to be doing quite well to top things off.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-01-20: Apple Might Have Sold At Least 50 Million iPhones Last Quarter
- 2014-01-17: China Mobile Begins To Sell New iPhones Today
- 2014-01-15: Tim Cook 'Incredibly Optimistic' About Apple's Partnership With China Mobile
- 2013-12-16: China Mobile Deal Could Allow Apple To Sell An Additional 12 Million iPhones In 2014
- 2013-12-08: Apple's Deal With China Mobile Is Still Being Negotiated