So it is no secret that Battlefield 4 is a buggy game, to the point where EA could actually be sued. In any case the bug fixes are ongoing and for PS4 gamers, you guys might have on more than one occasion come across the dreaded CE-34878-0 crash. Unfortunately this error code is not specific, but rather a general error message meaning that there’s no telling what might have caused the problem, and DICE is turning to PS4 gamers to help them figure out what exactly it is.
As with most software crashes, developers usually ask users of the application if they would like to submit an error report on the issue so they know how to improve it. Most of the time we’re not sure if what we sent even gets read, but DICE assures gamers that they read every single submission. According to DICE’s Tommy Rydling, “We know that players on PS4 can get the ‘CE-34878-0 crash’ error message. This is in fact a general error code that you can receive when the game has crashed for a number of different reasons that are not related […] You can help us to identify these individual issues by providing a few details in the crash report (we read all of them.) For example what game mode you were playing and on what map you crashed. Doing this will help us a lot to reproduce the issues and investigate fixes for them in upcoming patches.”
So PS4 gamers, the next time you encounter this issue and are thinking of skipping on submitting a report, perhaps you could take a couple of minutes to fill it up so DICE and fix the problem ASAP!
- 2014-04-15: Battlefield 4 "Death Shield" Bug Discovered
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-02: DICE Promises To Fix Battlefield 4's Rubber-Banding Issue
- 2014-03-26: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC For Xbox One And PC Delayed
- 2014-03-10: Battlefield 4 "Rent A Server" Will Be Coming To PS4 Soon
- 2013-10-22: Battlefield 4 Single-Player Campaign Trailer Released
- 2013-10-16: DICE Recommends Xbox 360 Battlefield 4 Players Install 14GB Of Content Onto Their Drives
- 2013-07-08: PS4’s Battlefield 4 Might Come With Mouse And Keyboard Support
- 2013-05-03: Battlefield 4 Developer DICE Might Be Considering Dinosaur-Themed DLCs [Rumor]
- 2013-04-03: DICE Considering Taking Battlefield 4 To eSports