Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was hit with a delay earlier this year, although considering how many AAA games Nintendo has released these past few months, its delay could certainly be overlooked. Those who have been looking forward to getting in on some Donkey Kong Country action once again will be happy to hear Nintendo has announced Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will release on February 21 in stores and on the Nintendo eShop.
In addition to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze’s release date, Nintendo also announced one of the series’ most favorite characters, Cranky Kong, will be playable in the upcoming title. Cranky Kong will play as a secondary character, similar to how Diddy or Dixie will play in the game. You’ll be able to fully control Cranky Kong when playing the game in co-op mode, which players can expect him to be way more spry than he seems. Cranky Kong can use his cane to bounce on dangerous objects, such as spikes, and this ability also helps him access certain areas other characters are unable to reach.
Expect Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze to be one of the first AAA titles Nintendo publishes on the Nintendo Wii U in 2014, although it certainly won’t be the last.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke