DotEmu, a developer and publisher who specializes in modern releases of retro games that many of us grew up playing, have just announced that Double Dragon Trilogy can now be played on your iOS or Android-powered device. It is available on the iPhone, iPad and Android devices, where this particular compilation would be accompanied by the trio of installments of the beloved arcade series. Just in case your memory fails you, do the names Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone ring a bell?
The Double Dragon Trilogy has been touted to be a faithful port of all three original arcade games, where it will no doubt have something new thrown into the mix to keep it fresh after all this years. The brand new features that have been optimized for mobile platforms include a couple of game modes, where “Arcade” would let you play from the beginning and hopefully, your memory and reflexes will bring you all the way to the end as you hope to hit the high score, while “Story” mode would let you unlock new stages as well as achievements as you go through the game. There will be three difficulty levels to choose from, and you will also have achievements & leaderboards to check out via Game Center and Google Play Game Service.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-03-24: Telegram Arrives At 35 Million Users Milestone
- 2014-03-03: Xbox Live Could Extend To iOS And Android