Final Fantasy 14 players have known for some time the popular MMO title will be making its way to the PlayStation 4 in the near future, with a beta supposedly being made available as soon as the console was available for sale, but it didn’t come. Up until now, Final Fantasy 14 players have gone without knowing exactly when the title would officially release on the PlayStation 4, but Square Enix announced April 2014 is when the MMO will be made available on Sony’s next-generation video game console.
Square Enix made the announcement during the PlayStation Awards, which the company received a “Special Award,” according to the publisher. The award presented to Square Enix was created this year to recognize the company’s “outstanding titles on the overall combination based on the following attributes: originality, buzz-worthiness, influence and performance.”
As for Final Fantasy 14, fans of the MMO will be able to get their first look at the title running on the PlayStation 4 through a scheduled live broadcast taking place on December 14 at 4AM PT / 7AM ET. Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn’s producer and director Naoki Yoshida will be showcasing the PS4 version along with a major 2.1 patch, which is expected to launch on December 17.
Those looking for the beta for Final Fantasy 14 on the PlayStation 4 will also be happy to hear Square Enix will make it available on February 22, 2014, the same day the console launches in Japan.
Next Story: Google Compute Engine Service Launched
- 2014-04-22 Walking Dead: Game Of The Year Edition Listed On GameStop
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17 PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16 Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16 Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-02-03 PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11 Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-10 PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- 2013-12-06 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-12-05 PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release