Over the past few days quite a lot of Yahoo Mail users have been complaining about issues with the service. The company confirmed that due to a hardware problem on one of its mail data servers, users were facing issues in accessing Yahoo Mail. While the company has teams working continuously to resolve the issue, which it says has proven harder to fix than originally anticipated, Flickr experienced partial outages earlier today as well.
The popular image hosting service, which is owned by Yahoo, currently seems to be back up once again but it is unclear what caused the issue in the first place. In a statement provided to CNET, Yahoo confirmed that Flickr did experience an outage and that the company was working quickly to fix the issue. It also apologized to users that might have been affected by the outage. The company is already dealing with a major service problem, it would certainly not want another crisis on its hands. While support teams are working around the clock to get Yahoo Mail up and running again, partial disruption is still being experienced. Most users are able to gain access to their inbox, though the company says that some users will still have trouble in accessing in their accounts. Up to 30 percent of all emails sent during the outage have now been delivered, the company hasn’t offered a timeframe in which it expects to have Mail up a 100 percent.
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-02-06: No New Flickr App For Windows Phone Anytime Soon
- 2013-10-23: Yahoo Picks Up LookFlow So That Flickr Can Improve
- 2013-10-09: Flickr iOS 7 App Automatically Uploads Full Resolution Photos
- 2013-07-24: Flickr To Be Shut Down For Six Hours On July 25th
- 2013-05-20: Flickr Users Get 1TB For Free + New Design [Marissa Mayer]