Samsung’s smartwatch, the Galaxy Gear, didn’t exactly prove to be a hit this year but that doesn’t mean that the company will drop support for it just yet. Two of the biggest issues that were voiced after its release were the dismal battery life and the inability to display notifications from all applications. Samsung addressed both issues through a software update earlier this month, the update has finally been released in the U.S. Build V700XXUAMK7 for Galaxy Gear improves battery life as well as the notifications.
Apart from that, the latest Galaxy Gear update also improves range, connection and the overall performance. It also features a faster S Voice. The enhanced battery life would no doubt be well received, users will also be stoked about finally being able to receive notifications from all built-in as well as third-party applications on their smartwatch. With support for the Galaxy Gear slowly being added to a variety of Samsung devices, its about time that these issues were addressed so that potential customers wouldn’t hesitate in making a decision about picking one up. The update is being rolled out over the air, so Galaxy Gear owners in the U.S. should receive a notification shortly if they haven’t already. Alternatively, the smartwatch may also be updated through the Samsung Kies software.
Next Story: MyGlass iOS App Available Once Again
- 2014-04-07 Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18 Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-22 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-19 Multiple Galaxy Gear Models Expected At MWC 2014
- 2014-02-16 AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10 Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2014-02-04 Galaxy Gear Price Cut Possible