A few weeks ago, a rumor circulated through the gaming world concerning one of Telltale Games’ upcoming projects, which just so happened to be a possible Game of Thrones game. The rumor came from IGN, who at the time cited “multiple reliable sources” within the gaming industry. It looks like their sources were spot on as Telltale announced this weekend they will be creating games based on Game of Thrones.
Telltale Games and HBO have entered a multi-year, multi-title partnership to bring Game of Thrones games digitally in 2014 on the PC, Mac, “home consoles” and mobile devices. As is the case with most Telltale Games titles, the Game of Thrones games will come in the form of an episodic game series, although at this time, specific platform details have yet to be announced.
In addition to this weekend’s news, Telltale Games released an announcement trailer for their Game of Thrones episodic game series, which is pretty much what you’d expect from an announcement trailer. It confirms the existence of their upcoming project without showing any sort of gameplay footage. We guess we’ll just have to wait for Telltale Games to give us a taste of its Game of Thrones game another time.
- Arduino-Powered Business Card Lets You Play Tetris On It
- Titanfall For PC Will Be A 21GB Download, 48GB Install
- Man Intends To Make Money By Filming Videos Of Him Playing Minecraft
- EC Wants To Challenge "Misleading" Free-To-Play Label Used In Games
- Zynga Takes Mobile Route With FarmVille, Words With Friends