Gran Turismo is a gaming franchise that has certainly earned plenty of accolades ever since it was released, and over the years, we have seen a fair number of versions roll out, with just about all of them being great successes. In their latest outing over at the Land of the Rising Sun, Gran Turismo 6’s sales has paled in comparison to that of its predecessor, Gran Turismo 5, managing to muster a mere 204,784 units compared to 430,707 units, respectively, with the latter moving that amount all the way back in November 2010.
This is on the back of news that Japan is one particular region that has not yet received both the Sony PS4 as well as the Xbox One, where the former will launch only until February 22nd next year. As for the Nintendo Wii U, it will continue its rise with a sales figure of up to 48,762 units for the week ending December 8, making it the second best-selling platform of the week, lagging behind the Nintendo 3DS’ sales of 125,269 units. Some would say that the Nintendo Wii U has started to pick up in its sales yet again because of the Dragon Quest X rollout, where it sold 70,648 units. Is this a precursor of things to come?
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-03-11: Gran Turismo 6 Update Introduces New Features
- 2014-02-09: Gran Turismo Documentary KAZ Is Now On YouTube
- 2013-12-12: Gran Turismo 6 Debut Not As Successful As GT5 In Japan
- 2013-09-19: Gran Turismo Documentary Coming Your Way
- 2013-07-26: Sony Confirms Gran Turismo Movie, Details Remain Scarce