Gran Turismo 6, while failing to match up to its predecessor’s initial sales success in Japan, is still a game worthy to dive into, especially if you are into racing sims and have a serious set up such as a dedicated steering wheel and the like. Well, Gran Turismo 6 has just received an update that will see the inclusion of a couple more Red Bull cars, in addition to the Red Bull X Challenge. The latter happens to be a collaboration with Infiniti Red Bull Racing, where you will have 2013 Formula 1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel acting as a mentor to players when it comes to driving a real formula car, minus all the danger in your living room.
As for the new Red Bull cars, you can check out the Red Bull Racing Kart and Red Bull X2014 Junior in dealerships in-game via the update, whereas the Red Bull X2014 Standard and Fan cars should arrive at a later point in time. Not only that, the slew of new Red Bull X2014 cars have been specially designed for GT6 alongside Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s legendary Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey. Other features in the 1.02 update include Consecutive Login Bonus, the ability to earn increased credits in Career Mode, as well as lowering the bar for entering seasonal events, among others. [Press Release]
- 2013-12-18: Gran Turismo 6 Updated, Gets More Red Bull Goodness
- 2013-12-04: Gran Turismo 6 Microtransactions Cost Detailed
- 2013-11-19: Sony Confirms Gran Turismo 6 Supports Microtransactions
- 2013-08-25: Gran Turismo 6 Will Not Be Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2013-08-23: Gran Turismo 6 For The PS4 Might Evolve To Gran Turismo 7, According To Polyphony Boss
- 2013-05-24: Gran Turismo 6's PS3 Launch Explained