While the HTC One was a pretty solid handset, it unfortunately did not do as well as it should have thanks to its delays which eventually saw the Samsung Galaxy S4 overshadow it, despite it having been announced earlier. However come 2014, HTC is expected to launch a successor to the HTC One, which at the moment is tentatively known as the HTC M8, although there are some who are referring it to the HTC One Two, which in all honesty sounds a bit silly. As far as specs and its design are concerned, we have a good idea of what to expect, although at the moment they are just rumors, but what about the software side?
Well according to a tweet by @LlabTooFeR, it seems that we can look forward to the HTC One’s successor to come with Android 4.4.2 KitKat preinstalled, as well as a the next version of the company’s Sense UI, which we can only assume is Sense 6. This is good news especially since Android 4.4.2 is the latest build of Android at the moment, meaning that would-be customers can look forward to the latest software and not worry about playing catchup. As far as Sense 6 is concerned, we’re not sure what we might be able to expect, but hopefully we will learn more as CES and MWC 2014 come around.
As a quick recap of its rumored specs for those who might have missed the news, the HTC One successor is rumored to feature a 5” Full HD 1080p display. It is also rumored to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and could sport the same Ultrapixel camera and Boomsound speakers found on the HTC One.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-24: HTC Desire 816 Announced
- 2014-02-17: HTC Music Centric Phone Expected In First Half Of 2014
- 2014-02-11: HTC M8 Picture Leaks Yet Again
- 2014-02-10: Sense 6.0 BlinkFeed Seen In Leaked Image