We had heard that due to issues with the Touch ID sensor, Apple would be faced with supply constraints with the iPhone 5s. However due to Apple reportedly shifting production efforts from the iPhone 5c to the iPhone 5s, shipping times have improved from 1-2 weeks, to 3-5 days, and now according to the listing on Apple’s online store, shipping times have greatly improved to the point where customers can expect it to ship in 1-3 days. What this means is that if you were thinking about getting an iPhone 5s for yourself or for a friend or family as a Christmas gift, the phone looks like it should arrive on time.
However this does not apply to the SIM-free version of the iPhone 5s which states that customers can expect the device to ship in 1-2 weeks’ time. In any case it looks like Apple’s supply might have stabilized already, as all colors, even the ever-so-popular gold finish, have similar shipping estimate. With that being said, we expect that it shouldn’t be much longer when we can expect shipping times to be in the next 24 hours. So, who else is planning on getting their hands on an iPhone 5s in time for the Christmas holidays?
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps