Over the past few months there has been a lot of speculation about the launch of the new iPhones on China Mobile. The world’s largest mobile carrier, with over 700 million subscribers, has never officially carried the iPhones. Its rivals in the country, China Unicom and China Telecom, have been doing so for quite some time now. Both the carrier and Apple intend to launch iPhones, and according to an analyst, the launch might add $10 billion in additional yearly revenue for Apple, amounting to an increase of $3 earnings per share in Apple’s stock.
Amit Daryanani, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, bases this prediction on the forecast of 17 million iPhones being sold on China Mobile. Average selling price is expected to be $560 per unit with an operating margin of 30 percent. Out of the roughly 755 million subscribers that China Mobile has, 170 million have subscribed to its 3G service. 17 million iPhones sales would mean that Apple will be able to penetrate into 10 percent of China Mobile’s high-speed data subscriber base. Daryanani predicts that this launch may end up increasing Apple’s market in China by 1.8 times, and as more subscribers get on the high-speed data bandwagon, the more growth in customers will be witnessed. China today issued commercial 4G licenses to carriers, including China Mobile, which means that its service can finally go live on December 18th as predicted.
Next Story: iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-01-20: Apple Might Have Sold At Least 50 Million iPhones Last Quarter
- 2014-01-17: China Mobile Begins To Sell New iPhones Today
- 2014-01-15: Tim Cook 'Incredibly Optimistic' About Apple's Partnership With China Mobile
- 2013-12-31: China Mobile Sees 100,000 iPhone Pre-orders In 2 Days
- 2013-12-16: China Mobile Deal Could Allow Apple To Sell An Additional 12 Million iPhones In 2014