Publishers usually release games with special bonuses to entice gamers to go for the more premium bundle, or to encourage gamers to pre-order the game. Well for gamers looking to get their hands on Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, it seems that over in Japan, gamers can look forward to a special edition of the game that will come bundled with a jacket from Puma. The jacket will come with the Diamond Dogs logo which is based on the mercenary unit in the game, and will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and the PlayStation 4, and is expected to cost around $173.
The game is expected to see a release come March 18th 2014. It’s a pretty cool jacket and if you’re a fan of the game, this looks like a pretty awesome collectible, not to mention a pretty functional one. We’re not sure if this offer will be made outside of Japan, but we expect that enterprising gamers will find a way to get it imported, or they can expect to find it put up for auction on eBay where presumably it will be priced higher than its retail price due to its exclusivity. This is not the first time we’ve seen clothing offered as a bonus, as back in 2012 a Resident Evil 6 premium edition came with a leather jacket too, although that bundle cost an eye-watering $1,300.
- 2014-03-20: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Censored In Japan
- 2014-03-19: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Can Be Completed In 10 Minutes
- 2014-03-18: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Now Available
- 2014-03-17: Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain Could See Early 2015 Release
- 2014-03-16: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes For Australia And New Zealand Delayed By A Week