According to our previous report, LG is said to be working on a smartwatch for 2014 which could be known as the LG G Arch. According to the folks at Engadget who reached out to LG for confirmation on the rumors, it seems that while they will not comment on smartwatch rumors, the company did confirm that they had a wearable product in the works. We’re not sure if they’re being cryptic on purpose, or if this wearable product is actually not a smartwatch but something else entirely. Perhaps it could be the fitness band, the LG G Health, that has been rumored about?
In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but to hear that more companies are entering the smartwatch market space is no surprise. After all we have seen companies such as Samsung, Motorola and Sony attempt similar devices themselves, not to mention the incredibly popular Kickstarter campaign for the Pebble smartwatch which proved that one did not have to be from a big tech company to create a popular product. Speaking of big tech companies, the rumors have also suggested that companies such as Apple and Google could be looking to release smartwatches of their own as well, with Apple’s own offering being referred to as the iWatch for now.
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked