It wasn’t too long ago that LG announced the LG G Flex, the company’s answer to Samsung’s Galaxy Round as far as smartphones with flexible displays were concerned. We had heard the LG was planning a global launch that is slated for December and thanks to a recently leaked image by the ever-reliable @evleaks, it seems that what we are looking at above is a press rendering for the device that appears to be headed onto Sprint’s network. It has been expected that the G Flex will make its way onto multiple carriers, so if the rendering above is true, Sprint will be one of them.
So far we have also heard reports that the G Flex could make its way onto the likes of AT&T and T-Mobile as well, thanks to a sighting of the device at the FCC, although none of the major carriers in the US have officially announced the device’s availability yet. The handset has already been released in Korea, unsurprisingly given that LG is a Korean tech company, but it will be interesting to see its reception outside of the Korean market. According to reports, the Samsung Galaxy Round has managed about 10,000 units sold so far, which isn’t that impressive but understandable given the phone’s novelty value, so we can’t wait to see if the LG G Flex will succeed where Samsung didn’t. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-16 AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16 LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-01-16 LG G Flex Arrives On Sprint
- 2014-01-03 LG G Flex Press Renderings For AT&T And T-Mobile Leaked
- 2013-11-21 LG G Flex For Sprint Passes Through The FCC