Good news LG G2 owners, if you were afraid that LG might abandon you guys and not bother updating you to Android 4.4 KitKat ,fret not as LG has announced that the LG G2 handset will be seeing the Android 4.4 KitKat update starting this month. However there is a kicker, which is that the update will only begin seeding to Korean LG G2 owners first starting this month. LG has promised a rollout by the end of the month for those who own the Korean variant of the handset, but neglected to mention when the rest of the world can look forward to their KitKat update.
However given that updates in the US where carriers are usually a hurdle that OEMs need to overcome, we expect that even if it were announced for international markets, the update would have to pass through the carriers in the US before it is pushed out to devices in the US. Alternatively one could always download a custom ROM, like CyanogenMod 11 for their handsets, although this would require that the user know a bit of rooting and all that, which means that not everyone will want to or be able to do it themselves. Hopefully LG will have more news for international LG G2 owners in the near future, so check back with us soon for more updates.
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-03-03 LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-02-23 AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-21 LG G2 With KitKat Compared Against G2 With Jelly Bean
- 2014-01-15 International LG G2 To Skip Android 4.4 KitKat Update In January
- 2014-01-14 Gold LG G2 Surfaces For Sale On E-Commerce Website