CES 2014 is set to be another time of exciting news as well as the unveiling of additional consumer electronics devices that will (hopefully) blow the world away, and the folks over at LG intend to make the most of it by announcing that they will roll out their all new 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide (Model UM95) monitor. Of course, just in case you do not need such a large monitor for your use, there is also the 29” model to choose from. Needless to say, your eyes will definitely appreciate the stunning image clarity courtesy of the UltraWide QHD resolution (3440 x 1440) that is found on the display.
A larger monitor more often than not equals to improved productivity, sort of anyways. After all, you have more stuff to look at with a single glance, that you should be able to work more effectively, right? It is said that in South Korea, such monitors are marketed as the equivalent of two 4:3 monitors to boost “productivity”. The inclusion of Thunderbolt 2 connectivity in the UM95 would also go some way in making sure that users who use such technology are able to take advantage of it, supporting high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices simultaneously via a single, compact port. This means you can theoretically enjoy transfer speeds of up to 20Gbps, while viewing and editing original 4K video with a file backup running at the same time.
All in all, we have also seen such monitors make an appearance in one of LG’s more recent advertisements that poke some good natured fun at us men, touting that we are unable to multitask. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Headed For AT&T (Rumor)
- 2014-01-20 LG MP76 IPS Monitor Unveiled
- 2013-04-18 LG Tests Out New IPS UltraWide Monitor In Men’s Room
- 2012-11-07 LG's 29-inch EA93 ultra-widescreen monitor gets launched
- 2012-10-31 LG ET83 Touch 10 monitor optimized for Windows 8 action
- 2012-07-20 LG has new IPS monitors for the masses