After being leaked multiple times and rumored for a launch in the near future, the BlackBerry Porsche Design P’9982 was announced a couple of weeks ago. The handset itself was something of a premium, coming in at $2,400 and featuring a unique design that was in line with Porsche’s design language. It also came with a unique theme for its UI, once again, based on Porsche, but underneath the hood the handset was basically a BlackBerry Z10. In any case it seems that having the Porsche Design branding wasn’t exclusive or luxurious enough because it looks like BlackBerry is making a limited edition model with a crocodile skin back.
We’re pretty sure the folks at PETA and other animal rights activists aren’t too thrilled about this, but if you’re not too fussed about these sorts of things, this limited run BlackBerry P’9982 is expected to come in at a much steeper price (no word on an exact figure at the moment), so if you thought $2,400 was a tad ridiculous for a phone with the specs of a BlackBerry Z10, we’re not sure how you guys will feel about this. What do you guys think? How much do you reckon BlackBerry/Porsche will charge for this limited edition model?
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales