It is expected that come 2014, Nintendo Wii U titles such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. will be released, although we still have yet to receive a specific release date. According to the previous rumor, it was hinted that the game could see a release in April 2014, although this was a date GameStop provided which for all we know, could be pure speculation on their part. Well according to Nintendo Germany general manager, Bernd Fakesch, both games could be seeing a release in the spring of 2014.
This is according to German source, Neckar Chronik, who reportedly quoted Fakesch on the alleged spring 2014 launch date. While it has been expected that Mario Kart 8 would see a spring 2014 release, Super Smash Bros. pretty much remained up in the air. Either way try not to get your hopes up just yet, but we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled for a more solid release date. Titles such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. are highly anticipated amongst Wii U gamers, and hopefully we will see the console revitalized through the release of big name titles.
The Wii U has been struggling lately, with some attributing the fact that there is a lack of big name titles available for the console. Developers are definitely not helping as they have chosen not to release games for the platform, or taking away some features.
- 2014-04-09 Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-08 Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-07 Job Listing For Super Smash Bros. 6 Spotted, Coming In 2015
- 2013-12-26 Princess Zelda Will Be Playable In Super Smash Bros.
- 2013-12-16 Super Smash Bros. Wii U Will Include Dr. Wily Castle Stage
- 2013-12-16 Super Smash Bros. Producer Quashes Spring 2014 Release Rumors