Meizu is a company that some of you might not have heard of. After all they are one of many companies from China that have been producing their own brand of smartphone, joining the likes of Huawei, ZTE, Oppo, and etc. However the company has been making waves as of late and have even been rumored to launch a handset that could sport a 500ppi display. Well if you’re looking forward to getting your hands on Meizu’s technology, you could be in luck as the company has recently announced their plans to enter the US market.
According to Meizu’s press release, “As the first step in a long-term strategy to pursue the U.S. market, MEIZU will preview its line of smartphones at CES 2014 Booth LVH#51001. Combining the elegance and functionality of today’s smartphones with consumer-friendly pricing, MEIZU believes there’s room in the U.S. market for another player.” It is unclear what sort of phones Meizu will be debuting at CES 2014, but with the Meizu MX3 officially announced and rumors of a Meizu MX4G making their rounds, perhaps we could be seeing either, or maybe even both phones at the convention. We will be live at CES 2014 so be sure to check back with us then for the details.
Next Story: Bamboo Moto X To Ship Earlier Than Expected
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-07: Meizu MX3 U.S. Launch Planned For Q3, 2014
- 2013-12-26: Meizu MX4G Rumored To Come In Two Variants